Sunday, January 17, 2010

Exterme Makover Testimonials

Dan,  
Semper Fi!!! I just watched the extreme makeover that you were on in 2008 and was extremely moved and impressed. I decided to google your name to see what you were doing now and was surprised to see you running for Congress. You are truly an inspiration and I look forward to following your career when you are elected. A quick question-Have you ever considered moving to New York?? We could certainly use you up here in the North East!! Anyway, as one Marine to another, I appreciate your service as well as the sacrifices that you have made to keep our country safe. Good luck in the future after you have won election.

Semper Fi!

Michael P. Doyle
USMC (83-87)

I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for risking your life for my freedom! I watched the extreme makeover edition with you and your amazing children. You impacted me and my children in a way that we will never forget. As a single parent myself I know how hard it truly is, but like you I keep pushing along. I am a nurse, and to see you interact with other wounded soldiers I see a true angel in you! Keep up the good work! You are a true genuine person! Good luck with the election, we need more people like you in the Congress to fight for the little people of this country we LOVE!  
Tabitha Smith
 
Dear Dan,
My name is Leah Devincenzo I am a 35 year old single mom from NJ.  I recently watched Extreme Makeover and saw your story and beautiful family.  I've always been strong (or so i thought), hardworking, and make my son my priority.  I had a very traumatic childhood and even though I am the antithesis of what my parents were, I recently suffered a bad depression.  I went through therapy and anti depressants and sat for hours discussing my past.  For what?  It was something I wanted to forget. 
Seeing your story did something to me.  It was palpable. It touched me and lifted me in a way I wish I could better put into words.  I realize that you have to "not forget" your past in order to be better than it.  And to take your weakness and turn it into something positive.  I really wanted to thank you.  I thought it was ironic also that i saw your episode twice in a week since i usually don\'t even watch it. You've made a difference to someone far away from you and I wanted you to know that.  God Bless 
 
Leah Clune Devincenzo

Semper Fi (my brother-in-law is a marine too)  




No comments:

Post a Comment